Understanding Shipping Costs
With the boom of online shopping we have seen the dramatic increase in shipping costs. No longer does the weight of your product matter. Today, shipping companies use what is called “dimensional weight.” Essentially it means SIZE MATTERS. If you are going to order a bean bag and it only weighs about 8 pounds, you will likely being paying as if it weighed 30 pounds. The size of space on the shipper’s truck now matters. What once cost maybe $10 to ship will now maybe cost $30 or $40 if it’s in a big box. All shippers are now using this to calculate costs.
- Our shipper of choice is UPS. They have great service and offer the best discounts.
- Because it is already expensive enough to ship items, we do NOT add a shipping markup to your order.
- A physical street address is required for any item shipped via a small-parcel carrier, except for those shipments going to an APO or FPO which will be shipped via USPS for an additional fee.
- We do not ship to P.O. boxes or freight forwarding addresses.
- Additional fees may also apply to packages being shipped outside the 48 contiguous United States. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO, and Puerto Rico require 1-Day or 2-Day service and may incur an additional charge.
- Please NOTE: You will pay what we pay. If you order a product that you want to cancel but it has already shipped, you will not be refunded the shipping cost.
- Have a question on shipping? Please send us a note. Shipping@casualfurniturestore.com
Shipping to Canada
Shipping to Canada MIGHT be an option. Send us an email and we will see what the cost is. If you agree to the cost, will be gladly send it to you.